Friday, August 05, 2005

Me...on BBC?

Last week Geoff e-mailed me a link to a segment that aired on Go Digital, "the weekly BBC World Service programme that looks at how technology is changing our lives." Host Gareth Mitchell reported on podcasting, a new media hybrid of "broadcasting" and .mp3 technology (hence the "iPod" reference) that some believe will revolutionize the way audio information is created and distributed. This has yet to be proven, but it's fun anyhow.

Nerd that I am, I wrote Gareth to comment on the show, and included a shamelessly self-promotional plug for my own podcast project. Amazingly, Gareth actually followed the link, listened to the podcast, and asked if he could air my write-in and a clip!

Wow. This is the most "press" I've recieved since winning that Hemingway Days short story competition a decade ago!

Well, Gareth works quick, and the show aired this morning. You can download and/or listen to it here. The whole episode is great, but if you don't have time you can move the controller to the 14:00 spot, which is where I make my guest appearance. That's a little past halfway, for those of you who don't have a timecode bar.

Unfortunately, the clip I sent to Gareth does not have the musical backing, which I feel really enhances the speech recordings. I thought Four Tet and Kid Loco would understand-- Gareth's legal advisors didn't.

P.S. Don't miss the recently posted tunes by Óskar Arnórsson's legends of Icelandic hip-hop, "The Sweaty Janitors". As James so astutely put it this morning-- these songs are "F A N - F U C K I N G - T A S T IC!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.